Part1: Being Professionalism
1. Maintain moral principle, ethical behavior, and behave oneself according to dental ethics.
2. Be honest, responsible and maintain integrity of dentistry.
3. Understand and follow rules, regulations and laws related to dentistry.
4. Prioritize benefits and rights of patients and provide them treatment that meets academic
5. Treat all patients equally with sympathy and realize their human values.
6. Realize oneís limit and level of competency as well as be aware of when patients need to be
7. Politely, gently and respectfully communicate and interact with patients, colleagues and public.
8. Appropriately question, discuss and explain in order to acquire the service that meets the need
and expectation of patients.
9. Realize lifelong learning and continually improve oneself in order to maintain quality in term of
taking care of patients and to update the technology and academic advancement in dental area.
10. Critically explore, evaluate and analyze information from different sources and apply it in the
ways to take care of patients.
11. Support and participate in development of dental organization.
12. Be able to study, explore and conduct research by oneself.
Part 2: Basic Knowledge
13. Know and be able to apply basic medical and clinical sciences to correctly practice dentistry
according to academic standard.
Part 3: Clinical skills
14. Be able to examine, collect and analyze necessary information about biology, state of mind,
condition of society and cultural context. The information is used to aid in analyzing patient
condition in term of medicine and dentistry as well as to analyze and plan treatment.
15. Select treatment which is cost-effective and suitable for patientís problems and different
conditions by using standard tools lab investigation, radiography, and other investigations.
16. Systematically and continually record patientsí treatment by following international standard.
17. Consult physicians when finding related medical abnormalities or problems in order to refer
patients to receive proper treatment.
18. Correctly interpret patientsí medical and dental history, clinical examination, radiography and
19. Perform differential diagnosis and provisional diagnosis of oral diseases in order to form
analytical hypothesis to obtain definitive diagnosis.
20. Identify causes and risk factors that can affect treatment and disease prevention.
21. Appropriately plan and prioritize dental treatments. Plan treatment according to patientsí
medical conditions as well as other limitations by using individually holistic approach.
22. Indicate choices of treatment and prognosis for patients and/or patientsí relatives so that they
can understand and be able to take part in making decision. Oral Care and Oral Health Rehabilitation
23. Realize the importance and be able to present infection and spread of infection as well as
occupational hazard arising from dental treatment.
24. Appropriately realize and manage possible medical emergency in dental patients.
25. Be able to perform basic life-saving.
26. Realize and manage acute pain, hemorrhage, injury and infection of the oral region.
27. Able to appropriately manage patientsí pain and anxiety.
28. Appropriately use of local anesthesia.
29. Select and use drugs according to the drug indications and treatment plan as well as correctly
and suitably manage problems arising from drug side effects.
30. Be able to provide simple oral surgery.
31. Be able to realize and manage patients with complex problems in oral and maxillofacial surgery
to obtain an appropriate treatment.
32. Be able to provide simple periodontal treatment.
33. Be able to provide simple endodontic treatment.
34. Be able to provide simple dental restorations.
35. Realize and manage patients with abnormalities arising from growth and development of skull,
facial bones, jaws and occlusion in order to find a right treatment.
36. Realize and manage patients with diseases or abnormalities of oral
mucosa to find the proper treatment.
37. Realize and manage patients with diseases or abnormalities of the temperomandibular joints
and oral facial pain so that patients can get the Proper treatment.
38. Restore partial or complete edentulous arches by replacing it with simple fixed or removable
39. Facilitate patients who need dental implant to get proper treatment.
40. Be able to manage patients who need to be hospitalized.
Evaluation of Treatment
41. Follow-up and evaluate treatment results according to the clinical practice guideline.
Part 4: Oral Health Promotion
42. Be able to holistically evaluate oral health at in individual, family and community levels.
43. Be able to identify risk factors and risk levels of diseases at individual, family and community
levels in order to appropriately find the proper measure for oral health promotion.
44. Plan, process and evaluate results of dental health education?
45. Be able to appropriately promote oral health that meets the need of the target group.